How Does a Rent to Own Agreement Work?
The Rent to Own process is actually pretty simple.
- Join our property list and tell us what type of home you’re looking for, your budget, etc. (START with the form on the right)
- We’ll send you a list of our available Rent to Own homes that fit your criteria.
- If you like a home and want to apply for it, we’ll give you a lease application to fill out. Don’t worry – we help people with all kinds of credit and financial situations, and if you can afford to rent the home, we can probably help you to own it.
- After you’re approved to rent the home, just sign the option and lease agreements and move on in!
- Move in and make your rent payments on-time… you can decide if you want to purchase the home anytime during the lease term.
THERE IS NO OBLIGATION to purchase the home anytime before or after the lease and option agreements expire.
How Long Are Rent to Own/Lease Option Terms?
Your Rent to Own agreement (also known as the lease option contract) will spell out the length of time that you have to complete the purchase of the home – typically two to three years, but in certain circumstances your option may be extended if you need more time to improve your credit or save more money for the down payment so you can qualify for financing.
The purchase of your home will take place with traditional mortgage, title and escrow companies, although there are other ways to complete the purchase, depending on your situation.
That’s the process!
Once you’ve been approved for your mortgage and close escrow, you’re done – now you own your own home!